Subject: [amos-list] Telnet
From: "Rev. Giark To You" <[email-masked]>
To: AMOS List <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 1999 10:19:57 -0500

From: "Rev. Giark To You" <[email-masked]>

Here's a good question:

We all know that the gui extension can open a telnet port, but how do you get
it to act like a server and wait for a remote call? If I set it up to wait for
a connection request (miami inetd setup) and then launch my prg, how does it
know what address to connect to? Can you pass a parameter from miami/amitcp
with remote address so the prg knows what address to connect to?
 
Well met and godspeed,
                      Rev. Giark
                                             ICQ 12235820
                                          [email-masked]
                                     [email-masked]
                                      http://24.112.23.20/~giark/
                            .----------------------------------------------.
                            |      ______  ______    _____  Coming Soon!   |
                            |     / ____/ / __  /   / ___ \ ï¿½SoloTrek III  |
                            |    / /__   / /_/ /   / /  / /                |
                            |   / ___/  / ____ \  / /  / /  ï¿½Cap'n Bubba   |
                            |  / /     / /___/ / / /  / /   And The Nasty  |
                            | /_/     /_______/ /_/  /_/    Alien Menace   |
                            |    Fly By Nite Videe-Oh!                     |
                            |    Amiga 1200 030/50MHz 2Mb Chip 32Mb Fast   |
                            `----------------------------------------------'

--------------------------- ONElist Sponsor ----------------------------

Having difficulty getting "in synch" with list members? 
http://www.onelist.com
Try ONElist's Shared Calendar to organize events, meetings and more!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official AMOS WWW: http://members.xoom.com/AmosFactory/front.html